Monday, March 30, 2009

Heartbeats....

I take for granted that our heart just beats......that it knows when and how to pump the blood to our body and keep life moving in and through us.

This week I have been reminded not to take that for granted. Yesterday Christopher's Nana (Joy, my dad's wife) had a tightening in her chest, pain in her neck and just felt like something wasn't right. So, they left church and headed to presby. After several blood draws, some meds, a night in the hospital and a stress test we got the word today that it looks like it was just a scare and not anything heart related!! Great news.

Christopher and I spent an hour visiting her in her hospital room this morning.... we think that's what did the trick :)

I also have been following a blog of a photo mommy for awhile now....partly because she is so creative, partly because she and I think alike when it comes to the care of our kiddos but mostly its because her youngest is just a month or so younger than C and he has had a heart problem since he was in the womb and wasn't thought to be able to survive it. He was born perfectly healthy and then, about 2 weeks ago was in the hospital. His heart is not beating correctly and causing alot of problems for his little body.

I am amazed by her courage and encouraged by her strength. Stellan is at the top of my prayer list these days!!!

0 comments: