Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Virgin Island Vacation

Life is finally getting back to normal (whatever that means) since coming home from our vacation. It seems like everyday is a new "normal" but at least we are caught up on laundry, groceries and nap routine is back on track. I thought for a little while that C was trying to drop a nap but the past few days have been naps as normal.

Our vacation was a blast. We left Saturday (the day before Mother's day) to fly to Miami. There we met up with the Carroll's and spent the night in a hotel before heading to the port on Sunday. We had two days at sea before our first stop. This was both relaxing and lazy.....perfect. I did however get BURNED. It finally looked better 2 weeks later. I typically wear sunscreen but was planning on laying out for just 30 minutes but got talking to Marcus (which based on the angle of my face, sunglasses and hair also left me with a NICE pattern on my neck and chest) and it quickly turned unto an hour plus. Still, not to painful and it didn't really impact the rest of the trip.

Our first stop was in Puerto Rico. There we had a night port stop which was really neat. We chose to go kayaking into a bioluminescent bay. Really neat experience and something that wasn't totally "touristy". The four of us had a great time! I think it was the highlight of our cruise.

The next day we were in St Thomas. BEAUTIFUL! Great weather and we had a fun day of shopping and laying out at Magen's Bay. The water was a little chilly but we had a great day at the beach.

Thursday was our last stop and we were in St. Maarten. It was again a beautiful island. Although SUPER hot. Its amazing the difference between the two islands. We stepped off the boat and were sweating the entire time that we weren't in the water. We ate lunch at a really cute open air restaurant with gorgeous views. Marcus and Amanda later had a little problem with lunch. :( From there we spend the afternoon going Snuba. Marcus and Amanda decided to sit this one out ... Later found out that Amanda threw up her lunch and Marcus almost did. Jonathan and I had a great time exploring underwater and although I had a hard time equalizing the pressure in my ears at first, it was a neat "first" for us to do together. Later, back on our little boat heading to land, Jonathan threw up too but I think he was a little seasick. I ended up being the only one that didn't get sick that afternoon but the pressure in my ears and head gave me a migraine. By the time we got back on our boat, we were all a little green.

Each night we played games up on deck, Jonathan and I went to a couple of shows and just relaxed. I really missed C but knew he was well taken care of. I got nightly email updates of his daily activity and that was fun to look forward to at the end of a day.

The last two days we were back at sea and all ready for a little down time. It was a great week spent with some wonderful friends.

I'm glad to be home but do miss the 24 hour frozen yogurt machine, free room service and the blow up pool in the backyard just isn't as blue as the water in the Virgin Islands.

I still have a bunch of pics from Christopher's Birthday that I will update soon. Promise!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Just the three of us...: Virgin Island Vacation" to our Directory of Pets . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Vaca-tion.info Team

http://www.vaca-tion.info