Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Challenge....I dare ya!

Our bodies are made up of 70% water. Without the proper water balance, our bodies don't function as well as they should. If properly hydrated, our skin looks better, we have more energy and we aren't as hungry. Water also helps flush out the by-products from burning fat so you can loose weight faster.

I read about the water challenge on blogher the other day and it made me reflect on how much water I drink a day. (not all of us are camels, amanda). Anyway, I decided to take the challenge! 30 days, more water.....better me! Anyone with me?

It's simple:

Drink a minimum of 1 ltr , with a goal of 64oz. of water a day.
Limit to two (8oz) non water drinks a day.

So grab your bottle and drink along. Leave me a comment and let me know how you are doing. Also, start one of your own and pass along to your readers.

I'm adding a charity component to it too. For every 8oz I drink, I'm donating $1 to the global water challenge. What a great way to improve our lives and those around the world.

Also, while focusing on your water intake (especially in these hot months) also watch your outgo. The GWP challenges us to minimize our daily water waste!

Challenge yourself, friends and family!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am soooooo up to this challenge! I love a challenge I can do with no effort!

Hmmm, reflecting on the charity component...I probably drinnk enough water a day for a small village in a third world country. Perhaps I should cut down on my water intake!

Jennifer said...

You go girl!!!