Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh Nose!

We are in a really fun phase right now with discovery. There are two new favs with C. Action and reaction and what fits in what.

First, he loves the action/reaction game. He will close a door and I open it. Seriously, this can last for an hour or more (if I would let it). Christophe is also as passionate about the open the cabinet and have mommy close it game too. His most recent one this morning is snap the eyeglass case closed and have mommy open it. This evokes a deep hearty giggle.

The second game is putting things inside one another. The finger in the nose was short lived (thank goodness) and we are on to bigger and better things. Christopher's favorite is the spoon in the cup game. He will walk around with a plastic cup and spoon for hours only to stop to grab the sippy or possibly to see if something else fits. He also likes to put a stuffed animal in a shoe, his blocks in the trash and balls in Cooper's mouth.

Unfortunately, for Christopher these two new found joys collided in a most unfortunate way this morning. We were playing the what fits in the eyeglass case game. Which is a combo of the two games....apparently we're advancing. Anyway, we had put a golf ball in and shook it around. That was funny. We put a spoon in, again a RIOT! (for him, anyway) but since his belly laughs get me laughing, we were both having a pretty good time.

I had to run to the bathroom so I left him sitting in the living room with about 6 other "toys" that would fit into the case. I'm pretty quick so I thought this was MORE than ample. Nope!

I hear the case close and a SCREAM! I thought he lost a toe, was bleeding or worse.

Christopher comes running, in that toddler sort of way into the bathroom with the eyeglass case.....firmly shut on his nose!

I said "oh no" through my giggles and quickly removed the case. After a few minutes the incident was forgotten and we were back to putting things inside each other.

You might not have even known it had happened except for the clamp marks and a very little red nose.

That was our Tuesday morning. Now we are shredding a new magazine I haven't read yet.....guess I better get back to my play date!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That is too hilarious! I bet Cooper loves this new game too!

Marcus said...

Wow! I think I'll have him show me how to play that game this weekend! How fun :)

Ronni said...

That was so funny - thanks for the good laugh this morning :)

Jonathan said...

Ahhh...that explains why I thought his nose looked a little more red than normal!