Thursday, May 21, 2009

its all on me

whoever was the creative force behind the playskool ball popper and thought that toddlers would love it was dead on.

however, that same person MUST not have been a mom who on any given day is up to her armpits with laundry, dirty dishes, two lovable labs, floors that need to be cleaned, and chasing after a busy one year old. IF he/she were they would have reconsidered this toy. Its so cute that Christopher can push the red button to make the popper pop but its NOT so cute that these little five balls shoot off in 5 different directions.

This creates a giggle from my little man and he thinks its a game. NOT FUN! Especially when a certain yellow lab thinks he is part of the game too and tries to catch them in his mouth.

To the makers of the playskool ball popper, while this is a great toy for your toddler market I think there should be a warning to parents as to their level of commitment to make this an enjoyable toy. Lets face it....there might have been a time or two that the balls popped, went their five directions and when the red button was pushed and nothing came out....Mommy said "uh oh, its broken."

This should be called the "greatest workout ever" Really, have you ever tried to run in 5 different directions and dump them back into the tube just to do it all again. And your being timed.....

At the end of the day, I'm BEAT. Not by and active 1 year old. But by this crazy ball popping toy!

I'm sure I will enjoy this toy more in a few months when Christopher can retrieve them on his own. Until then, its all on me.....oh and Cooper.

2 comments:

JOY K said...

I take it from this post that he no longer fears the sound the toy makes prior to shooting out the balls. That'a maturity and bravery, Mommy. (Guess you better check into replacement balls.)

Unknown said...

I despise this toy!! We have it and I actually put it up b/c it drove me nuts!!!!