Thursday, February 12, 2009

Trip to Arkansas!

A week ago Christopher and I went to Fayetteville for 6 days to spend some time with mom and Krissy and Justin. We had planned to go up on Tuesday but the ice storm beat us. Although I was bummed that we would have to push back our trip, I was also glad we didn't get stuck there with an infant and no heat or electricity. C and I headed up on Friday when Krissy and Justin finally got power late Thursday night.

We had a great trip spending time with family, visiting old friends and a fun reunion with some special friends from high school on a day trip to Branson. We also spent some time cleaning up all the tree limbs and debris from the storm.... all in all it was a great trip. Here are some of the pictures from our trip.
When we first got to Fayetteville we went to mom's house. The ice had done some major damage and she lost one of the huge beautiful oak trees out front. In fact, she lost part of another one too. Anyway, besides it being SUPER cold, the chainsaws were really loud and C didn't like them at all. He pretty much stayed glued to mom the entire time we were there...pretty cute!

This is some of the debris they started to clear. I thought it wouldn't turn out very well in pictures, but you can see the size of the woodpile compared to my trailblazer.

One of the guys about 3 stories up:

This is a neighbors tree:

It was hard to walk around with all the downed power lines and trees in the road. This is a house around the corner.

This is one of the streets next to moms.

This is the big tree in the back of Krissy and Justin's backyard. The top of the tree was totally clipped and the rest of the branches were so damaged by the weight of the ice that the tree was a loss. So sad.

A neighbor across the street:

Christopher loved exploring around Krissy's and Justin's house:

One night after dinner and bath they read him 4 books, I'm amazed he lasted through them all, he was one pooped kiddo:

On February 2nd Christopher turned 9 months old. I captured the day (at least the meals) in pictures. He was so happy in the morning with his toast!

My friend Lance is a pedi and he (much to the delight of my mom) thought I should cut back on how often C gets cheese. But he loves it so much that he had to have a little on such a special day. Note what happens when we tried to take it away....

It was a great trip and although we really missed our own beds and daddy, I am looking forward to going back often!! Thanks to all we visited for some great memories.

4 comments:

Kristin Barnett said...

Hey! I can't believe how big C is getting! He's even looking older in the face. I love looking to see what he is doing because Allison inevitably follows whatever he does, just a few weeks behind. Beautiful B&W pic on your header bar, btw!

I haven't heard from you in forever, but I know you've been busy. Are we still on for that workshop this month? Call me soon!

Amanda said...

Screw the doctors! Give that boy his cheese!

Jennifer said...

OK, so that's not my husband 3 stories up in a tree?!

Shannon Delcambre said...

hahaha....no Jen. These were the guys that took down moms huge tree that Friday. L helped cut up all the huge branches that fell at my sisters house. no way i would let him up there !!! :)