Thursday, July 29, 2010

The one with sticky fingers...

I started cooking again (post twin arrival) about 2 months ago. Lately, Christopher is REALLY interested in helping. He helps make his pb&j for lunch, stir anything that needs stirring and helping whenever he can. As soon as I'm in the kitchen he walks over dragging a chair to "help."

For his birthday, our friends the Stampers got him this really cool gift. We have made a ton of stuff in these. They are perfect for little ones wanting to get involved. Still his favorite to make are chocolate chip cookies (thanks Amanda Duggan for the BEST recipe ever) and banana bread.

I had been promising him that we would make cookies for his good behavior for several days so last night we did. We had a great time pouring, stirring, watching them bake. C got one small on before bed. It was really fun.

This morning after I fed the twins I went to put the cookies in something (they had been out since cooling last night) and noticed that three on the edge had gone missing. I admit I had one this morning. (they have oatmeal so that's sort of a breakfast meal, right?) I went on a Christopher hunt. I found him in my closet with chocolate all over his face and the third cookie in his hand waiting to be devoured. After a small melt down (read, largest in the history of C) I promised him that we would save it for a snack this afternoon and from now on he needed to ask mommy for food.

Needless to say, my kiddo is HIGH on sugar and I'm sure is not totally asleep yet in his bed. New lesson for mommy today, counter height is no longer out of reach. That and my kiddo has sticky fingers. People, watch your valuables :)

0 comments: