Wednesday, September 12, 2007

F stop and Shutter speed

So, a week into my new photo class and I am learning lots!! There is SO much to the techinical side of a nice camera. I am learning that the more techinical I can be, the better the pics are!

Here are some of them so far:





Although, this isnt the prettiest pic, I did win the pic of the night in class for my use of the "s" curve and giving the viewer a front and back door when looking at the pic. All that to mean that I was taking a picture at sunset (which was our homework) and the pic was the landscape that he was going to teach on last night so....... I am just THAT good! Just kidding. But it was nice to be singled out when walking in I wasnt thinking these were very good.


Here is a pic of Cooper.....Funny, at sunset, Jet is too dark unless you use a flash and from what I have learned a flash is a MAJOR no-no. That is how you tell the beginners from those that know what they are doing. Of course to get Cooper to sit still Jonathan had to tempt him with a shoe that he was throwing. I got him to sit long enough to get this one off.....too bad he has no neck :)


Also, only time you should take pics if you can help it is 30 minutes on either side of sunset and sunrise. Note, the soft glow on cooper :)

0 comments: